Wednesday 20 July 2011

Explore....




Yes how could I resist another Shimelle class.  So like many of you I am learning to Explore - details here.  Still not sure where this is going, but one of the first tasks was to take a self portrait! Not as easy as it looks but after a few attempts I got one I was happy with.  Now after reading many of your blogs and on the class forum, it seems that scrapbookers seem to prefer to be behind the camera and not in front.  Perhaps that's why we all became scrapbookers!  When I started blogging back in April, I realised I very rarely appeared in any of my scrapbook stories so I am trying not to be so camera shy.




Shimelle also encouraged us to make a "play book" which we will use to throughout the class to respond to the prompts.  Here's mine;




Can't believe that I actually made this on the first day of the class - perhaps there is hope I will stick to this.  I have also journalled in response to the prompt but as it is quite private, I'd prefer not to share.  However I will share the mess I managed to create whilst making the book - quite impressive considering the book is only 8x6! You will have to excuse the poor light - my desk is right in our front window and due to the mess I kept the blind firmly shut!



7 comments:

helena said...

great cover - the hot air balloon is a great motif for the exploration

Sian said...

I'm having a bit of a catch up here! I didn't sign up for this one - but I am so enjoying the self portraits I have been seeing this morning. It's good to see you :)

Sandra said...

What a great self portrait of you, and your playbook is just wonderful. Looking forward to seeing more

Alison said...

Great self-portrait and playbook.....you look as though you 'create' in the same way as me!
Alison xx

Jo said...

Great picture and I love your workbook. My desk looks like that too, very brave of you to photograph it :D x

Jimjams said...

Well done so far - glad to see someone else scraps like a whirlwind leaving a trail of stash everywhere!

Lisa-Jane said...

Its a great class isn't it. I think it is turning out to be different things to different people. Love the hot air balloon on your playbook.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...