Sunday 4 March 2012

Time for Tea on Sunday Telling Story

Time one again to join with Sian in telling our stories.

Every year we take a camping trip with a large group of friends during the first weekend in August.  This year saw our largest party with eight families joining in the fun - 12 adults and 17 children!  As you may imagine catering for such a crowd is like a military operation, but it is all part of the fun and we all muck in together.  The ages of the children range from 6 - 10 and so if we can we do like to spend our days on the beach, as it keeps them all entertained at relatively low cost. 

This year was no exception and although the weather wasn't brilliant we manged two days.  One of the most important elements of our day trip are regular cups of tea!  With the thirst of 12 adults to quench, a couple of flasks will not suffice so now we take a portable gas burner in order to brew up.  Obviously there are the inevitable arguments discussions who's turn is it to make the tea, but eventually someone volunteers.  There is nothing quite like a cup of tea on the beach!


Funnily enough my inspiration for this page comes from Miss Smith who is a great tea drinker.  In the March addition Scrap 365 she had a page published.  You can read about it here.   The article was encouraging you to use paint on your layout, which I did by dipping the edge of a credit card into white paint and making the grid.  I really enjoyed doing this and I think it may be one of my current favourite layouts!

I hope you enjoyed by tale - do hop over to Sian's blog where you will find all manner of stories to entertain you this Sunday.

23 comments:

Amy said...

Now, that is a funny sight - it's too hot here to have a cup of tea at the beach!

Amanda said...

I think you are right about the cup of tea on beach. That sounds like quite an operation.

Miss Smith said...

This page is amazing - I never thought of a credit card - I am going to keep the next one that runs out as my bits of cardboard get too soggy after a while. I love the balance of textures.

Tea on the beach just sounds perfect! Tea on the beach and storytelling Sunday is also pretty good, even if I do have to make my own!

Miriam said...

I love this Lo and the painting with the credit card is brilliant, Tea on the beach, Oh it won't be too long...

Alison said...

I have many memories of tea on the beach in not- so-sunny-Scotland!
Love the LO..especially the credit card tip..TFS!
Alison xx

Abi said...

what a lovely layout and I agree with the necessity of a cup of tea! x

Gem's Crafts said...

There's nothing quite like having a cup of tea when off camping, and on the beach sounds even better! Love the LO too

Irene said...

Gorgeous page, love the blue. Nothing like beach picnics; can't wait until summer.

Mary B said...

what a super page the idea of using a credit card as a paint dabber is something I hope I can remember as the grid looks really good.

Sian said...

Yes, I can definitely relate to the large scale catering - it's the same when my big group of friends gets together. Mind you, we haven't tried camping - total respect for that! and for your lovely page today

Julie Kirk said...

I've had my fair share of cups of tea ... but I don't think I've ever had one on a beach! Maybe I need to write a '10 Places to Drink a Cuppa before you die' list ...

Great story. :-)

Jane said...

think you will be seeing grids on my layouts now, great story and layout

furrypig said...

love love love that Lo it has definitely inspired me and I am now following your lovely blog xxx

Ruth said...

That Miss Smith has a lot to answer for ~ gorgeous page. My days of camping are long over, I must say.

scrappyjacky said...

I remember my mum would always take a flask of tea to the beach.

Sabrina DS said...

Hum… Never tried tea on the beach. Must try that this year. Thanks for sharing your story.
Cheers from France

Lou said...

There's nothing nicer than a cuppa on the beach! lovely story.

Jo said...

Great story, I'm a camper and a big tea drinker but obviously not big enough because I've never brewed up on the beach. I love your layout and will have to try that technique x

Ginger said...

Love your layout Lynn:)

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

Now that is what you might call very civilised indeed. Lovely LO, especially like that background colour.

Anonymous said...

Oh - you've brought back memories of my sister's mother-in-law at their "camp" (cottage to me). Love the layout!

Amy said...

When I was younger I couldn't understand my parents' unquenchable thirst for tea. It's only now I'm 22 it all makes sense! Lovely story, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Tea and the beech just don't seem to go together in my head ... it is just too hot here! But is was a lovely story. I love the layout and the grids are something different.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...